These next two post will be a bit shorter. Today Renee and I came out to The D6 Retreat in the Texas Hill Country. Its her Birthday, so I am trying to not be glued to my phone and computer so much while out here. I start getting texts at 5:00am from clients and that goes on till 10:00pm at night. So, I want her to have my full attention out here.
Anyway, woke up at the same weight as yesterday. All good with that, just confirms yesterday was a true drop. Still hit my 35 minutes cardio and abdominal posing first thing. I trained after 2 meals today, so we could get out to the retreat faster. Surprisingly, I hit some PRs on somethings and one lift dropped off some. If this happens take it! If for the majority of your session there are progressions and one or two things fall back slightly, no worries there.
My accessory work I feel as lacked some purpose in my training, I am not as diligent with setting those lifts in stone and tracking the log book there. Just being honest here, I have been jumping around trying to find the best isolation movements I like.
So, my main movements are always locked in place. I hit a top set of 6-10 reps, then a back off set of 12-15 reps. I work like a mad man to progress these lifts. On my isolation moves I almost do the same but stay in the higher rep range. I feel good and I want to challenge myself with progression in the isolation moves. So, I switched to rest pause sets for all of them today. It give me a really good goal to beat every time. Also, increase volume through isolation moves is not nearly as taxing as increasing it through compound moves, so this should not have as big an impact on recovery. Here is the workout
I still couldn’t make this short tonight lol.
1. Smith machine Incline Press: 3 warm up and 2 work sets. 1×9, 1×15
2. HS flat press: 2 warm up and 2 work sets. 1×8, 1×14
3. BB Close Grip Bench press: 2 warm up and 2 work sets. 1×10, 1×13
4. Pec Deck Fly: 1 warm up set. 1 rest pause set: 1x 13+6+4
5. Machine Lateral Raise: 1 warm up set. 1 rest pause set: 1x 11+3+2
6. Lying on Floor EZ bar Skull Crusher: 1 warm up. 1 rest pause: 1×15+5+3
7. Super set: rope pushdown w/ single arm cable lateral. 1 work set: 1×20, 1×15